Tuesday 27 May 2008

Dolly Parton Outraged Over Radio Prank

Dolly Parton has expressed her outrage over a skit played on Howard Stern's radio show, in which her voice was taken from an audio book recording and manipulated into "vulgar" comments. Stern regularly uses material from the recordings of celebrities and turns them into comedy clips for his program, however, Parton is not amused at her unauthorised involvement.  "I have never been so shocked, hurt and humiliated in all my life," Parton said in a statement. "I cannot believe what Howard Stern has done to me. In a blue million years, I would never have such vulgar things come out of my mouth. They have done editing or some sort of trickery to make this horrible, horrible thing. Please accept my apology for them and certainly know I had nothing to do with this." She adds, "If there was ever going to be a lawsuit, it's going to be over this. Just wanted you to know that I am completely devastated by this."Photo courtesy of Dolly Parton Music.